Friday, June 17, 2011

Blender 2.5 Making a model low poly and baking textures onto it.

Might be better to watch right from youtube so u can watch in full screen. http://youtu.be/eeFnPg4YRbE
A video tutorial on making your models have less polys so they are easier to build. Sometimes the textures will need some fixing so keep that in mind.
I didnt capture my mouse but you should be able to follow this tutorial fine. Sorry I got the new SnagIt and yup no curor showed for the video. Wont happen again.
I'm just learning all this so there may be a easier or better way of doing this tutorial. I made this to explain how I do it:)
The original model's parts all have to be joined together. In Object mode press "A" key and press Ctrl + J to join them all.
The model might get a error while trying to use the decimate modifier. Something like your model is a non-manifold or something. Make sure the model is a clean mess. Try to have no internal geometry, no 2 sided face(I think). Press Shift + Ctrl + Alt + M to see non-manifolds. Try and fix it if you can if thats the reason why the decimate isnt working.Try and merge if u can.
Most of all make sure to remove doubles.
You need to be in GLSL shading with a lamp when baking. As far as I know anyways.
Thats all I can think of for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment